Hi, my name is Harry Wang (Chinese: 王建楠). I am a Full Professor of Management Information Systems at the University of Delaware with more than 15 years’ research, teaching, and management experience in AI, Data Science, Business Process Management, and Enterprise Systems. I am also an affiliated faculty at the Data Science Institute and the Institute for Financial Services Analytics.
I am the Founder and CEO of Takin.AI and was the Chief Scientist of Tezign Inc. and an Independent Director for So-Young International Inc. (NASDAQ: SY). I also served as the Founding Director of OneConnect (NYSE: OCFT) US Research Institute based in New York City from 2018 to 2019 and the VP of Technology for the Association for Information Systems from 2015 to 2018. I was one of the founding members of the Institute for Financial Services Analytics at the University of Delaware and a JPMorgan Chase Fellow from 2014 to 2018. I also founded Conferency in 2015 to provide SaaS solutions for academic conferences.
In my spare time, I enjoy coding, sports, music, design, art, and woodworking. I created a brand
KU (which means warehouse in Chinese) for my woodworking projects for fun: KuWarehouse.com.
Recent Projects and Tutorials
- “Towards an Automatic Prompt Optimization Framework for AI Image Generation”, with Ling Fan, Kunpeng Zhang, Zilong Pei, and Anjun Li, HCI International 2023 Conference, Copenhagen, Denmark, 2023.
- “Revamping Interior Design Workflow Through Generative Artificial Intelligence”, with Ziming He, Xiaomei Li, and Ling Fan, HCI International 2023 Conference, Copenhagen, Denmark, 2023.
- “The Impact of AI-based Diagnosis System on Medical Aesthetic Service Purchases”, with Wenli Zou, Mengxin Li, Cheng Yi, 2022 Symposium on Statistical Challenges in Electronic Commerce Research, Madrid, Spain, 2022
- “The Impacts of Community Composition Diversity on Non-fungible Token Project Success”, with Ainong Duan, Daning Hu, Tao Lu, Michael Chau, 2022 SIGBIT Workshop on Web3 Technologies and Applications, Copenhagen, Denmark, 2022
- “Semantically Enriched Music Visualization via Multimodal Color Generation”, with Yufan Li, Jinggang Zhuo, and Ling Fan, New Interfaces for Musical Expression Conference, 2021.
- “Culture-inspired Multi-modal Color Palette Generation and Colorization: A Chinese Youth Subculture Case”, with Yufan Li, Jinggang Zhuo, and Ling Fan, IEEE 4th International Conference on Multimedia Information Processing and Retrieval, 2021.
- “Enhanced Seq2Seq Autoencoder via Contrastive Learning for Abstractive Text Summarization” (with Rachel Zheng, Kunpeng Zhang, Ling Fan, and Zhe Wang), IEEE Big Data 2021 (arXiv link).
- “Topic-Guided Abstractive Text Summarization: a Joint Learning Approach” (with Chujie Zheng, Kunpeng Zhang, Ling Fan, and Zhe Wang), 2021
- “Unifying Online and Offline Preference for Social Link Prediction” (with Fan Zhou, Bangying Wu, Kunpeng Zhang, and Yi Yang), INFORMS Journal on Computing, Volume 33, Issue 4, 2021.
- “Peer Effects in Competitive Environments: Field Experiments on Information Provision and Interventions” (with Zhuoxin Li and Gang Wang), MIS Quarterly, Vol. 45 Issue 1, p163-191, 2021.
- “A Two-Phase Approach for Abstractive Podcast Summarization” (with Chujie Zheng, Kunpeng Zhang, and Ling Fan), Text REtrieval Conference (TREC) Podcasts Track, 2020 (arXiv link).
- “A Baseline Analysis for Podcast Abstractive Summarization” (with Chujie Zheng, Kunpeng Zhang, and Ling Fan), Workshop on Podcast Recommendations, ACM Recommender Systems Conference (RecSys), 2020 (arXiv link).
- “A Framework and Dataset for Abstract Art Generation via CalligraphyGAN” (with Jinggang Zhuo and Ling Fan), NeurIPS Workshop on Machine Learning for Creativity and Design, Vancouver, Canada, 2020 (arXiv link).
- “Recommendation with diversity: an adaptive trust-aware model” (with Ting Yu, Wenhua Li, Junpeng Guo, and Ling Fan), Decision Support Systems, 2019.
- “An intelligent conversation engineering framework for developing dialogue systems,” Winter Conference on Business Analytics, March 7-9, Snowbird, Utah, 2019.
- “The OneConn-MemNN System for Knowledge-Grounded Conversation Modeling,” (with Junyuan Zheng, Surya Kasturi, Mason Lin, Xin Chen, and Onkar Salvi), The Thirty-Third AAAI Conference on Artificial Intelligence (AAAI-19), January 27-February 1, Honolulu, Hawaii, USA, 2019.
- “Personalized recommendation based on time-weighted overlapping community detection,” (with Haoyuan Feng, Jin Tian, and Minqiang Li), Information and Management, Volume 52, Issue 7, 2015, Pages 789–800.
- “An Analytical Framework for Understanding Knowledge Sharing Processes in Online Q&A Communities,” (with G. Alan Wang, Jiexun Li, Weiguo Fan, and Alan Abrahams), ACM Transactions on Management Information Systems, Volume 5 Issue 4, 2015.
- “An Intelligent Approach to Data Extraction and Task Identification for Process Mining,” (with Jiexun Li and Xue Bai), Information Systems Frontiers, Volume 17, Issue 6, pp 1195-1208, 2015.
- “On Risk Management with Information Flows in Business Processes,” (with Xue Bai, Ramayya Krishnan, and Rema Padman), Information Systems Research, Volume 24, Issue 3, pp. 731-749, 2013.